Beyond Traditional Routing
The network router is quickly transforming from a device dedicated to connecting disparate networks to an integrated services device capable of multiple functions beyond routing. More Cisco customers are deploying integrated services routers — sophisticated network routers that deliver voice, video, data and Internet access, wireless, and other applications.
Technological Benefits of the Integrated Services Router
Growing companies, especially those opening new offices, can take advantage of Cisco routing solutions that are highly secure, flexible, and built to be compatible with future technologies.
• One Device, Multiple Functions: Consolidate multiple services onto a single box. The Cisco Integrated Services Router Generation 2 (ISR G2) offers broad services including security, wireless, video, unified communications, WAN optimization and customizable virtual services on a single routing device.
• WAN Performance: Deliver next-generation WAN and network service requirements. The Cisco ISR G2 delivers up to 350 Mbps WAN performance with services.
• Video: Use the on-board digital signal processors (DSPs) of Cisco ISR G2 platforms to power business grade video applications including video streaming, digital signage, video surveillance, and telepresence with T1/E1 links.
• Services Virtualization: Deploy customizable services on demand using the innovative Cisco Services Ready Engine (SRE) .
• Simplified Management: Manage your network from a central location and simplify troubleshooting with a single universal Cisco IOS Software image on the Cisco ISR G2.
For more information: www.cisco.com/go/routers